View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever repaired/replaced the external edge cloth roof trim that runs around the outer edge just above the windows? Mine has come away on one side, about 4 inches in the corner section where the roof folds.

Taking it to a shop next week for a look but both places I have rang said the top will need to come off for access as it must be machined stitched. Surely it can be adequately done by hand stitching?? I am not keen at all to replace cloth roof just for this. Probably would prefer to repair with some sort of glue over doing that.

I did try to search this question on the forum and no luck. I'm surprised if its not here somewhere ,so apologies if it is.

Cheers,
Rodd
On my passenger side, the edge is starting to fray just above the corner of the window. Im thinking of just a little superglue to keep it together. I saw another post where the shop also wanted to pull the top to restitch.

What Ive been doing is rolling the windows down a bit to clear the fabric before I open the doors, and that does the trick for me. The auto down before opening doesnt work very well.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote