View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
It's not even red like my much lamented 2009 but a base 2015 in white...with no mods. People keep trying to race me. Not Porsche 911s (I don't believe there are any in Western Missouri), not Camaros, not Mustangs, and certainly not Corvettes. It's always guys in giant farm trucks. And even though they are mostly Chevies, GMC's, and Fords (rarely Dodges), somehow it's the same guy too; beard, ball cap, something in camo, and an orange cone in the back (works on highways, maybe?). Yesterday, driving north on highway 7 in Blue Springs was the exception. I pulled up to a light next to a totally built red 57 Chevy. Line turns green and I leave at a normal pace. Man his car was loud. A short blonde guy is driving. He sees me going pass and suddenly floors it. He drives like a maniac, probably close to 90! I drive at a normal speed and catch up to him on the narrow twisty part. What the heck, I keep yelling at him to go for it now. He looks left and right at the cows but won't do it. I guess some people don't know the difference between a sports car and a drag car. Either that or locals find my little car intimidating?
I get Mustangs and Camaros wanting to race all the time.

Raceing engine at light.Doing a flyby.One guy taunted me when I was building car and it was sitting in driveway.

Get them on a track.

We all know about Mustang drivers and traction.

Camaro does make a great track car.Thats not the car I'm seeing rolling up on me.I think most people who own that model of Camaro are smart enough not to race in the street.

The Z is a magnet for Yahoos.
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote