View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaisersoze View Post
Hi bunk--

No water damage that I know of and it's something I try to look out for because I live 20 feet from the water here in Florida. The car fax was clean, and the Nissan dealer mentioned that he hadn't seen anything on the VIN. The car worked fine for a year after the previous repair.

All signs point to BCM too, from what the dealer initially told me. Also confirmed by internet research to TSBs. Not that I repair cars; I just have Google.

The dealer just put in a BCM and they said that they still couldn't get the car to start though. So here's where it goes sideways. The service rep told me that my third party warranty company didn't want to pay for the Nissan price for the BCM, so they ordered a "used one." That's where I think my problems may lie. I had a Corvette once that didn't want to start because it I had to get new keys made for it, and the new computer wasn't talking to the keys and the anti-theft system wouldn't let it start. They had to put in an old computer from an older model, and that "re-booted" everything when the put the new computer back in. I just feel it's almost like this "used" BCM is not registering with the car . (In very technical parlance as you can tell.)

I've contacted Nissan because I really want a second set of very experienced eyes on it; I just feel that the dealership is dragging its feet.
Dumb question, did the dealer reprogram/reflash the BCM after they installed the replacement?
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote