View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
g96818
Track Member

Drives: 2009 370Z, 2012 M56
g96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond reputeg96818 has a reputation beyond repute

First off, i would like to thank you for pioneering this DIY, but I hope you don't mind if i expand a little more and make corrections on your DIY.
Do this at your own risk, I'm not responsible if you break something using this easier modified directions.

First off. there are 7 screws total. Screw #6 is sort of a hidden screw.

Remove screw 1 -> 4. if you have a super long screw driver then remove 5 -> 7 also, if not then read next step.

Next pull off the glove box. Grab the 2 spots circled in red and pull upwards. This allows you VERY easy access to screws 5 -> 7 as well as a much easier time removing the panel. This step is OPTIONAL, but as i mentioned, it gives you easy access to screws 5 -> 7 and it also gives you a spot to grab panel to pull it off. To put the glove box back, just line up the hinge and pop it back in.

Next GENTLY pull off the panel starting from the RIGHT side first. You don't wanna damage that extension area on the right side by pulling too hard on the left. Insert finger where the arrows are and grab the bottom with your other hand and pull. Do the same on the other side.
Removing the glove box lanyard is optional (actually, mines popped off as i was figuring how to put the glove box back in after accidentally removing it) but it gives you more space to work with.
Remember, pull GENTLY, you shouldn't have to pull hard after removing the hidden screw, #6.

The rest you can follow caneman88's to install/replace the filter. I just have one thing that I found might be useful and that is to cut 4 slots on the bottom of the filter wall so that you can close the vent door without smashing the filter. You'll know what i mean when you take off the vent door. Just line up the slots with the 4 things on the door and make like a 1/4" -> 1/2" cut. See pic for approx locations, measure the actual location with the vent door.

Yes the arrow on the filter points down. Air is sucked from the top and down into the circular thing.

I assume you guys know how to reverse the directions to put everything back.

Rep points much appreciated if you found this addition helpful

*edit* Fixed broken image. Let me know if the links are broken and I'll upload it again.

Last edited by g96818; 01-28-2016 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Fixed broken images again
g96818 is offline   Reply With Quote