View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT 332hp View Post
Sure. Here are the photos you requested ...
This post made me "Smile Out Loud".... (what?!)

I figured that there would be a bit of screen overlap, but figured I was safe as there is a rather thick frame around the actual view-able screen. My plan was to build a bracket that bolts to the original screen mounting points (I have a Navi model Z) that positions the horizontal screen where it needs to be. The big plus with the Joying units is the detachable screen and ribbon cable so you can put the screen where you want. I was going with the single DIN HU in the upper slot of the double DIN hole with a single DIN pocket (that comes with the stereo install kit) under it as the Z has no good place for a phone or anything. Then, I was going to build a cover panel that goes over the HU in the upper DIN slot that had USB data and charge ports (plus anything else I can fit in there that would be useful/cool).

My plan was make a custom bezel, which I would CAD and 3D print, but it looks like it would need to place the screen on the outside if I wanted to utilize both DIN slots and not have any random gaps.

The result would be (top to bottom):
  • Horizontal 9.7" screen
  • Cover panel over single DIN HU with USB data/charge
  • Single DIN pocket

Thanks again for the pics! It really helps see how things fit and I am happy to share my install when it begins (hopefully soon!).
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote