View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
scope22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: wife crazy
scope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a while ago that i did this but all i had to do was add a pin to the connector, no splicing into harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
You are half correct.

Yes - there is a way to delete the OEM Navi which was accomplished by swapping out the CAN based AC Amp and replacing it with a base model AC Amp. (which I know you know about because I am familiar with the work you and others have contributed to and done in this area )

No - the because the above method requires you to add pin connections to existing harnesses to make the connections needed for the base model AC Amp, splice into existing wiring harnesses, and run new wire to the ECU and fuse box.

This solution is designed to be a plug-n-play adapter to the stock wiring harnesses of a Navi based car, maintain CAN Bus AC status and control, and open options for AC control/status on custom apps. A base model AC dial control module can connect directly to this interface, or control can be received from an app in "Tesla" style conversions that remove all physical controls. I am trying to make it as universal as possible and expandable to support future custom build ideas that are linked to the CAN Bus.

In fact, I was planning on pairing this with the Joying 9.7" Android HU, which I see someone is attempting right now!!!! EXCELLENT!

DIY: 9.7 inch Vertical Android Head unit install (Picture Heavy)

Really interested to see how their install ends up! I was thinking of going with the horizontal version (better UI IMO) but I really like to see how it actually fits.
scope22 is offline   Reply With Quote