View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #6318 (permalink)
ct2012
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport
ct2012 is on a distinguished road

#1967 (non-res) arrived Thursday, installed yesterday.

Unfortunately, since I live in the Salt Belt and don't have a 4 post lift, the removal of the stock system took me way longer than I had anticipated. The corrosion was pretty bad so I ended up soaking the bolts/nuts in PB Blaster Thursday-Sat, and still had to resort to crawling under the car and putting the socket on, then sliding in from the side of the car and kicking the wrench in order to loosen them up. But, off they came.

The FI exhaust was the simplest install I have ever done... no adjustments needed, no shimming, nothing. It took me about an hour, and that was mainly due to me stopping periodically to re-read directions because I was skeptical of how easily it was coming together (experience has taught me that when an install is going smoothly, I'm probably doing it wrong). Every single piece of the system is immaculately machined and welded and matched right up to the other pieces.

When I finished and fired it up, I immediately started smiling. The car now sounds like it looks like it should sound - a mean, throaty growl at idle and a roar as you reach higher RPMs. It feels like the car has a brand new attitude. My only complaint thus far is that I can't stop myself from driving around just to listen to it. Good stuff FI.
ct2012 is offline   Reply With Quote