View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
A friend of mine owns a private EV charging station in my hometown.

This past Tuesday, he went out to see why a car with tailpipes was parked in the charger spot.

The car looked a lot like the picture of a Taycan I gave him a few months ago (he's an EV nut), and was accompanied by a Panamera full of engineers with laptops, only it was covered in electrical tape with a number of fake panels tacked on. The exhaust tips were actually plastic rings glued into the diffuser.
He got a quick peek inside and said it was very roomy front and rear.

They put a current meter onto the charging cable and were doing some recording of how the car was taking on power. They politely answered most of his questions, but once they realized that they had been "made", they beat a hasty retreat. Presumably before the car could be photographed.

The times they are a changin'. I'm actually looking forward to the release of the Taycan line (I understand a sports car and a crossover/SUV will be coming). I have high hopes for it.
Gonna give Tesla a run for its money.