View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #1050 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Still working on the tune. No numbers yet. Guess you guys will have to wait just like me.
Trial and Error
It took Carl a few times on the Dyno for mine - first breaking the motor in and then seeing where it was at on pump gas.
He started to make adjustments to see what the motor liked.
He changed out the waste gate spring until he found the right one -seeing that the boost would be on spring pressure for 93 octane.
After the pump gas tune he did the same with E85 and 3 more boost settings for the E85.
Took him a few weeks (somewhat) before it was finished
They did discover that on pump gas and low boost the AAM I/C would heat soak at regular driving speeds - no boost (full bypass)
My tune did take awhile with some delays and I never did get to find out how much power it made on pump gas. That info was lost in the mass of information in Daelens folder for my car when he left.
Sorry to see him go, but his wife was in the Army and she elected not to re-enlist due to an upcoming reassignment.
They decided to head back to home and family in Minnesota.
Soooo --- Each Tune is different --- it might take a little bit of tweaking until Carl is satisfied with yours.