View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
NOT 332hp
Base Member

Drives: 17 370Z Blk Manual
NOT 332hp is on a distinguished road

There is no tablet used in this application, the tablet like device in the picture is just a 9.7 inch vertical display that is connected to the main Android HU by the wire cable.

I used the vertical 9.7 Joying single din HU.

I like the finish product by the Workshop 12 and I did some extended research on using the Android tablet + AMP as HU.

Here are two reasons why I did not go with workshop 12 route:

1. Cost. I did my calculation and I realized that it will cost around $900 Canadian dollar as I'm in Canada (~$670USD) for all the 3D printed bezel, harness, Samsung tablet, AMP and other miscellaneous stuffs. The Joying HU route is around $550 Canadian dollar (~$408USD) for the Joying HU, Metra bezel, bondo, epoxy putty, ABS plastic board and paint / primer.

2. Integrated experience. The concept like this video is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13IPpjElL0
I downloaded source code from Github and tested it on my old Android tablet and an Audrino Uno. I also purchased the Workshop 12 launcher so I can tried it out. The concept of these are great but it is all done by different sources. Further integration and effort will be required in order to make it into a seamless experience.

Overall I want my setup to be reliable and retains most of the car features such as FM radio, steering wheel control, back up camera (RCA input and triggered by reverse gear) and ability to use Carplay / Android Auto.

I hope these will answer your questions. Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus_ View Post
Name/Model of the headunit. I assume your connecting your tablet via USB to the headunit?

Also any reason you didnt go workshop12 route?
https://workshoptwelve.com/nissan-370z/

Last edited by NOT 332hp; 04-26-2019 at 10:01 PM.
NOT 332hp is offline   Reply With Quote