View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
A big variable is the spring rates you choose... if you choose stiff ones for track use they aren't going to be very nice on the street. Softer ones for the street may not be appropriate for your track use. You can't have it both ways unless you want to swap out parts.
I know, I figure the sweet spot for people looking to tip toe on both sides might be 7-10k up front and the same in the rear with preferably progressive springs. I've only ridden in two different cars with coilovers, one with the V3 and one with the BC ER series. V3 I liked but the BC was shaking like a Chihuahua over bumps. The custom spring rates were 14k up front and 12k in the rear on the BC car I drove and it was horrible and knew immediately I didn't want to go that high but I'm sure it was awesome on the track. I do like that Fortune auto dyno tests each coilover similar to KW though. I'm starting to like what I see.