View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #7924 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Different vehicles for different purposes. I have a truck and a Z. Neither are ideal just for commuting back and forth to work 80 miles a day in horrendous traffic. So if I can get a hybrid and burn just a gallon or two daily instead of over 6 gallons on the truck or putting miles on the Z, the its a win win.
Different strokes for different folks. I bought a Fit and tried the commuter vehicle thing. Nope. No thanks. It's rated 35 mpg and I get 28 at best in town and the highway driving is terrible (unstable with no lane change power at speed). The Z was rated 19 in town and 24 on the highway and I routinely got 20+/25+ on a full tank even with some occasional fun thrown in.

I am willing to pay for the enjoyment of a more powerful vehicle is what it boils down to.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote