View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
The Altima coupe is beset with a funny problem. When the car goes around a curve and the the driver's weight is shifted from one side to the other in the seat, a click is often heard under the seat. This has nothing to do with backward/forward adjustment or any other and my understanding is that there may be a TSB on it. It is often discussed in complaints posted on the Altima Coupe message boards. My Z has only 550 miles on it. Weather was nice here today, so I took her out for her first "spirited ride" of the break-in process. Sure enough, as I rounded a curve to the right, the click sounded. It happened twice this evening. It's no big deal and I'll probably just ignore it, as I have on the Altima. But I'm wondering if it has yet appeared in any other 370Z's.
Yes, this was discussed a lot around April or May I believe. Mine does it as well, but only intermittenly. I think it is the track that attaches to the seat bottom, moving/clicking against the rail that is attached to the floor. I usually notice it from driving that causes my weight to shift as well.

John