View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #1027 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Appreciate your Thanks - and, back atch'a

I understand.
We had a Communications Compound set near the middle of the base.
Top Secret - monitoring Communist forces radio traffic from VN, Laos, Cambodia
We were only 60 miles away from Hanoi - and 10 - 12 miles from the Ho Chi Minh Trail coming down out of the mountains in Laos.
We also saw a lot of covert activity (Air America) cycling in and out of our base.
To this day there are those who still don't want to talk about it...and up until fairly recently - myself included.
You hear Nothing - You see Nothing - You know Nothing were the orders of the day.
And unless you were there you really wouldn't understand much anyway.

My old boss may have been there in the middle of the base. He told me one thing. He said, "If the base was ever overran the MP's had one order. To shoot him." I guess it is better than being captured and tortured to death by the enemy. Not cool....

Last edited by Spooler; 04-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote