View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 08:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstatenateZ View Post
It appears the whole purpose of this thread = to boost the Z will not happen on my 10k planned budget, nor be worth it keeping the 7A trans.
You can consider going A2A SCed Z with some supported mods such as engine oil cooler, trans cooler, oil pan spacers, well ventilated front bumper (if any), larger radiator, lower temp thermostat, good oils along with periodic changing, and better flex plate. These will give you plenty of power down to the road within your budget and you will definitely enjoy driving your Z everyday Don't go overboard and there is no need to do so to risk your Z, especially you have budget concern. Centrifugal SC is friendly to our 7ATs. You should try it first and there may be enough power for you (at least I'm satisfied with that power level)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstatenateZ View Post
I'm disappointed with Nissan as we all are like you stated FP! No arguments to be made. I accept the fact GTR just isn't what I thought it'd be now that I am finally able to plan / afford one... I guess I am a HP guy and I just want lots of power. Ive always wanted to try something diff. This is my 2nd 370, I've owned b8 s4 audi, lifted 11' GMC Sierra, 5.0 mustang 13', and multiple sport bikes.
Don't be disappointed. The VQ motor has been so tolerant. I am an owner of both Z and GTR. They are both fun in driving but I have to say the feeling of driving Japanese muscle cars like those are still very much different from those Eurocars no matter how you modify them. For me, I have spent all the money and given all my love to Z because I love what it feedbacks to me everytime I did some mods to it. I admit our 7ATs have certain weak spots but you will be OK unless you go overboard and don't provide enough support for it. Getting a right charger system and you are good to go.

Last edited by "Z"en; 01-08-2020 at 09:57 AM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote