View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #1022 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Thank you for your service ...
What did you do?
I was an Aircraft Electrician 423x0 and worked mostly on A-1 Skyraiders and some A-26 Invaders
Got my hands dirty and my knuckles scraped on more than a few occasions.
Here's a pic of an A-1H aptly named 'Magnet ***' because of it's propensity for attracting ground fire (and resulting bullet holes) during close support missions.
Another pic of an A-26A (On-Mark Engineering B-26K conversion).
Lastly - that's me - young and handsome on Christmas Eve 1969 sitting on the rooftop veranda of the Hotel Ubar when I was TDY to Udorn Thailand.
Before Embassy duty I was Powerplants/Flightline on OV-10 Broncos. What made me hate being an aircraft mech more than anything was cutting my arma and hands on bullet and shrap holes from the Vietnam war.....And I started working on the bastards in 86 and they were still there.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote