View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whjaxn17 View Post
Ok, no real benefit in a street car. Got it. I was only thinking of having it done while having an engine apart to have it built and wondered if it would be worth it. Boost was obviously the reason for having it built, though, which runs me into the problem Spooler mentioned.

So, I guess long story short, scrap the idea of using a stock crank. I just knew I had seen people say they were good for 900-1000hp, so I thought even after that, 600-700 would still be safe.

What about a billet crank? Would it be capable of holding the power minus the extra material? How do they compare in terms of weight? Edit: read somewhere else they're typically heavier than OEM due to being more dense

I'm aware this alone is a very expensive piece, something like $5k, but I'm just trying to learn about all this as I've never seen it discussed in depth.

This is strictly a street car for now, but I would eventually like to run the car in some half mile events such as TX2K or WannaGoFast once there is some more power in it.
Bryant Racing is the only Crank manufacturer I would run if your going aftermarket and knife edge. but as you stated $5k and a decent wait time. 18+ weeks when I last talked to them. Cranks are built to order and spec.

Now there is also BC and Marine Cranks you can run. BC is off the shelf and Marine is also built to order.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote