View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 PM   #1018 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Thank you for your service ...
What did you do?
I was an Aircraft Electrician 423x0 and worked mostly on A-1 Skyraiders and some A-26 Invaders
Got my hands dirty and my knuckles scraped on more than a few occasions.
Here's a pic of an A-1H aptly named 'Magnet ***' because of it's propensity for attracting ground fire (and resulting bullet holes) during close support missions.
Another pic of an A-26A (On-Mark Engineering B-26K conversion).
Lastly - that's me - young and handsome on Christmas Eve 1969 sitting on the rooftop veranda of the Hotel Ubar when I was TDY to Udorn Thailand.
Let's just say I was a communications maintenance guy and leave it at that. Thank You for leading the way and your service. If it wasn't for the men and women before us, it would mean nothing.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote