View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #1017 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Very familiar with the Gamma Globulin shots. LOL I have had several. When I was deployed to Somalia they looked at my shot records and laughed. You get 6 shots. 2 in each arm and one in each hip. Some poor fool got 7. Getting on the C5 was a freaking challenge. 2 sore arms and one tall steep ramp. It sucked. I was in the Air Force also. 1989 to 1993, back to school I went.
Thank you for your service ...
What did you do?
I was an Aircraft Electrician 423x0 and worked mostly on A-1 Skyraiders and some A-26 Invaders
Got my hands dirty and my knuckles scraped on more than a few occasions.
Here's a pic of an A-1H aptly named 'Magnet ***' because of it's propensity for attracting ground fire (and resulting bullet holes) during close support missions.
Another pic of an A-26A (On-Mark Engineering B-26K conversion).
Lastly - that's me - young and handsome on Christmas Eve 1969 sitting on the rooftop veranda of the Hotel Ubar when I was TDY to Udorn Thailand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnet_***.jpg (338.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg TA 671 2.jpg (12.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg nkp-downtown-2-gallagher.jpg (15.0 KB, 13 views)