View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #1014 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
I got out of the Air Force in June of 1970.

Processed out from Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Base and headed to Travis AFB California for discharge.

But before I left NKP I had to get some go home innoculations and sign off from the dispensary.

At that time I received 2 GG shots - one in each arm.

What's a GG shot, you ask?

Gamma Globulin it is and it forms a large lump just under your skin and hurts like all get out for at least a day until your system absorbs it.

You are only supposed to get 1 GG shot -and- it's supposed to be in your buttocks - not your arms.

Needless to say I couldn't move my arms for a day or so ... making it near impossible to put my uniform on and even carry my duffle bag to the C-130 to Bangkok.

Would find out later that the tech that [purposely] gave a double dose of GG was having a particularly bad day and was pissed off at the world.

I think he may have checked one too many peckers on the VD line.

And so it was in SEA back in the Vietnam War era.

Fond memories of my time in the Air Force
I'm laughing my *** off. I was in Manila at the Embassy. I had avoided the Gamma Globulin for 2 months. They sent an embassy nurse and the State Department Regional Security Officer to a Comm post I was manning in the city. RSO took the post while I was told to take the shot. Felt like a spike went in my *** cheek, opened up and another red hot spike came out of that one. I will fight somebody with a syringe of that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote