View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #997 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger View Post
I highly recommend RPM Rollbars in Oregon... They have the best lightweight chromoly rollbars. They already have a template for the Z and can ship it to you.
I have their RPM 6 point rollbar.
(No need to have the side bars on for normal driving).
It's OK for a bolt in.
I went with the RPM primarily because Brian at MA-Motorsports wouldn't be able to fabricate a custom one until this coming winter again.

Fortunately I don't need to have the seat racked all of the way back so it's not too cramped.
One drawback is that it further reduces the already very slim view out the back, making it difficult to back up or even see traffic behind you.
A custom roll bar could be fabricated to minimize this by bringing the top hoop forward.
I'm considering getting a rear view mirror with the rear camera feature - or going with a Pioneer H/U that has the rear camera feature.

Side note here ... I went to the dragstrip and the Inspector told me that NHRA had changed the rules recently and that I didn't need the roll bar until 10.0.
He said that NHRA revamped and modernized the rules now that factory cars were running in the 11's and even faster.
Next time to the strip and a different Inspector didn't mention the rules changes.
Worth checking it out.