View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #43 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
I am gonna assume you stopped at 450 hp because of the auto trans? That kit handles some serious power, and the motor is good for about 600 whp. But $22k is steeeep.
I've got a 6MT and I know that the stock block is good for around 600whp. That price includes, the kit, an upgraded clutch assembly, replacement of the CSC, changing out the diff bushing, complete exhaust with test pipes (no cats), oil cooler and labor. I stopped at 450 because I'm not going to track my car and that number is more than sufficient for me. I've driven high horsepower cars and I'm comfortable at that level. Much beyond that and the adrenaline rush is rough on the body....