View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
Perhaps I am missing something because it sounds like if you wouldn't need to access the the stock Navi screen anymore, there is no point to keeping the stock system, right? Why not just remove it and install a modern aftermarket solution? You could install an aftermarket HU with the base model controls and have a tablet mount where the stock screen used to be similarly to other implementations.

What you are proposing with the stock Navi control panel can be done, but would take significant effort as the Infotainment CAN protocol would have to be reverse engineered and the interface would have to be redesigned, and this wouldn't really buy you anything other than using the stock Navi controls to get status on an app.

The eZ Navi Delete system has a data packet format (compatible with Cardroid) it is outputting over the Bluetooth with a type that describes the AC state and the updated Cardroid app would allow for this information to be displayed on the device. Running on an Apple device might complicate things as the Cardroid app is Android based.
i think you are right. I've been trying to work around the stock stereo for so long that the tablet is the last missing piece for me.

How much do you plan to sell?
Boosted Performance Comp Turbo - Tuner- CJM Fuel Return- Modified Berk CBE- ZSpeed Stage 4 Clutch - Southbend Flywheel - Tuned by Seb ~650whp - HKS Coilovers - SPL - Focal Audio 4 way Active - Audiocontrol DSP - Work CR 2P
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote