View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #97 (permalink)
tonyHTX
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Race, Repair, Repeat
tonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond repute

11/9/2017:
Custom 10:1 pistons have arrived! The previous Main Engineer for Arias pistons formed his own company - Traum Optimum Performance - and took our specs from the 3.7 crank/rods and made us these pieces of art. The closed deck block is going to be sent out for bore and hone at the end of the month and assembly of the new bottom end should start in December. If everything goes well the new heart will be transplanted in January 2018 and the (first?) 2007 G37 will come into existance. :BOUNCE:

1/8/2018:
First week of 2018 has started rolling, here are a few updates of where version 2 of the build is.

Closed deck block came back from the machine shop after bore & hone

Measured for bearings

Tested piston height

Obtained a used Fast Intentions TT kit to put on the car - order has been placed for Xona Rotor 65.64 (Stage 3) Turbskies and a few misc parts

Here's to a more active 2018 after a year or so 'off' of prep! I wonder if we will be able to make it in time for TX2K.. :JAMIN:

2/23/2018:
A little behind estimated timeframe, but I finally received the rest of the parts needed for Version 2.0 of the build. Motor should be dropping next week, no solid ETA on when everything will be reassembled yet but things will finally be moving. :biggthumpup:

Stage 3 - HTZ-3579 (Xona Rotor 65.64)

S/O to Kevin @ Fast Intentions for the remaining pieces, he even threw in a license plate frame! :icon30:

Version 2.0:
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo Kit
Xona Rotor 65.64 (HTZ-3579) Turbos
TiAL MV-S Wastegate Springs 14.5psi/1bar (Black/Red)
RJ Manufacturing Closed Deck Block
Carillo VQ37 H Beam Rods w/CARR bolts
Traum Pistons Custom Billet 10:1 cr
VQ37 Crankshaft
CJM Twin Pump upgraded to 255/450
CJM VQ37 Fuel Rails
ID1700 Injectors
Tomei ProCam 272 duration 10.8 lift IN/EX
Tomei Valve Springs
Tomei Titanium Retainers
Cosworth HR/VHR Head Gaskets
ARP 625+ Head Studs
SuckerPunch Motorsports Billet HR/VHR Oil Pump with Billet Gears and Billet Back Plate
ATI Super Damper
EPS Oil Gallery Gaskets
Z1 Solid Motor Mounts
Synolimit Ported VQ37 Upper/Lower Intake Manifold
Synolimit Ported Throttle Bodies
AdminTuning Combo Tank

2/28/2018:
The beast was dropped off this past weekend into the mad scientist's domain. Now the wait begins. :BOUNCE:

3/21/2018:
Teardown of the old setup is pretty much complete. The AAM TT was bagged, tagged, and shipped to it's new owner. Hopefully he enjoys many smiles per hour with it as well!

As expected, the old block suffered headgasket failure due to combustion.

Some scarring of the cylinder walls.

The heads will be stripped and sent out for a refresh, then reassembly will start. :JAMIN:

11/27/2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttv36 View Post
Bump, still not running more info on socials right now, I'll come back to the forum when I have time to sit down and write
Here's some 10:1 compression for you

Fast Intentions Stage 3 Xona XR 65•64

4/16/2019:
I can't believe this thread is over 5 years old now! My where has the time gone..

The build that keeps on going is still not done, but we inch towards completion every other month or so.

Well let's sum up what's happened in the past 5 months. :9:

November 2018:
-----------------------
The main goal was to get the motor assembled and sealed up.

Heads, plugs, etc

Dynosty Head Gaskets

Just a "VQ35"

CJM VQ37 FPD Rails, Synolimit Ported VHR Lower Intake Manifold

Synolimit Ported VHR Upper Intake Manifold & 63mm Ported TBs

Suckerpunch Motorsports Oil Pump, EPS Oil Gallery Gaskets, Greddy Oil Pan, Fast Intentions Oil Filter Relocation

Sold the my 19" RE30s and got another pair of 18s to step down on all corners. I couldn't find winning blue to match the rear so I'll have to fix the color issue.. :confused2:

Gram Lights 57xtreme 275/35/18x9.5 +22f and 295/40/18x10.5 +40r

Hangry

December 2018:
-----------------------
Christmas Roadtrip!

January 2019:
-------------------
Just keeps going and going...

ATI Super Damper

Fast Intentions Stage 3 - Xonarotor XR 65•64

Backside clearance over that "VQ35"

February 2019:
---------------------
Finished all the lines and "mocked" up the pipes :28:

March 2019:
-----------------
Finally we can chuck this.. Omgwtfbbq!

We need clean up the years of neglect and cobwebs... :banghead:

Hand "Car Wash" :icon30:

"RB" Swap

Movement thanks to 2 MFP (Men Foot Power)

Fast Intentions Steering Rack Spacers - the detail to the design of their kit is amazing!

I guess you can say we dropped the car onto the motor instead of "dropped the motor in" :5091:

Home is where the heart lies :JAMIN:

I love the Fast Intentions manifold, look how much clearance there is with these big ol turbskies (they are equivalent to GT35Rs)
My AAM TT kit did not have this good of clearance and it had smaller turbos :confused2:

April 2019:
---------------
That's where we stand.. April's update will come after us fools get back to the garage.. :icon11:

But, the actual car was taking too long to rebuild so I decided to build a car simulator to get my seat time in instead.

Last edited by tonyHTX; 01-22-2020 at 11:54 AM.
tonyHTX is offline   Reply With Quote