View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
I wouldn't call them lesser oils. They are all good but serve different purposes.

My 1% fear does not come out of what I may do to my engine

Better safe than sorry.
Well, lesser might be a subjective term. But Bob the Oil Guy forum will tell you 300V > 8100 across the board. Unless you want a longer OCI, I guess. I'd rather put a better oil in my car and tell the dealer to take a long hike off a short pier if something catastrophic happens. Of course, this attitude is only based on my situation.

Never suggested it would be something you did. In fact. I excluded the owner factor entirely by saying "normal circumstances". 'Normal' was probably a bad choice ... but that 1% is far higher when you consider idiot car owners that go for 20K mile OCIs. And you're on the opposite spectrum of owners. Just referring to the random defect that might crop up in the engine out of your control.

But I get it. I had a completely different attitude when the Z was my DD than I do now that it's not. In no way am I suggesting your cautiousness is the wrong approach

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote