View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
To be fair, the VQ engine is far superior to that Kia engine with known defects. I'd go with Motul 300V and call it a day. You're worrying about something that has more than a 99% chance of not happening under normal circumstances. Now if you're one of those people that can't let go of that 1%, then by all means put a lesser oil in your Z to CYA. Just my
Absolutely. I am fully aware that I am comparing Apples to Oranges when it comes to those engines/cars.

I wouldn't call them lesser oils. They are all good but serve different purposes.

I'm religious about fluids in vehicles and certainly it's not an easy subject to discuss. It's a billion+ dollar industry, and it is certainly full of it's hoaxes and kool-aids.

Dealers unfortunately are also aware of those potions and the not so educated drivers who use them. And unfortunately, we are pooled with those people and guilty until proven innocent.

My 1% fear does not come out of what I may do to my engine, but what the warranty people will use against me to avoid repairs/replacements. That didn't used to be the case 15-20 years ago.

I'm speaking solely from experience. Better safe than sorry.

zz
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote