View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMO IX View Post
What does Motul 300V have to do with the warranty? Just curious.
Like I said, I don't want to discuss this issue. Since you asked.......

It does NOT carry the API ILSAC/ API SN certification as required in the owners manual. I know, I know, "Above existing standards" as posted on Motul site. Try explaining that to Nissan.

This issue has been beaten to death, I don't need to know I'm ok with OLIVE oil. LOL.

Ironically, my Sisters Kia engine seized recently. 2015, low mileage. A well known issue for this engine. Lady driven. Changed her oil as required. Still seized because it's a POS.

First thing they told her: No records of oil change, or type and grade of oil. She is S.O.L. I told her to stick with it. She did, and after 2 months of deliberation, they decided to tear the engine down to still see what happened.

Few weeks later, they decided to replace the engine due known mechanical failure.

I don't need to go through that, as I did with my CSC and Nissan. I have all records and receipts.

Hope that helps, but I'm sure someone will chime in and say "they can't do that" . LOL. (well, they do)

The Motul Eco-Lite does have those certifications. Also, comparing it to Mobil 1 EP, the numbers are very similar. I wanted to find out why the Motul Eco-LITE costs less than Mobil 1 EP. Not that cost has bearing on quality, but just wanted to see if it's too good to be true.

It may be very well just a good oil like M1 EP, and that Mobil is just using marketing strategies to gain a few more bucks for something that we all know is good and off the shelf available around the corner.

Last edited by ZoomZ; 04-16-2019 at 12:50 PM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote