View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Don't leave out the supporting mods. Injectors, fuel system, clutch, etc. It freaking adds up quick. 20k would be a good start. If you need more, save up for it. Insurance on a GTR at a young age would be outrageous. You better check before you leap if you want to go that route.
I actually quoted with progressive, I am 25. I have military discount, home owners, multi policy, etc and a Platinum member with nothing on my record. I pay $184 for all the bells and whistles full coverage on my 12' Z. I was quoted just under $300 for a 2012-2014 GTR with all the same coverages. Wasn't ridiculous at all. What is ridiculous is 20k into my current Z, I had NO clue it would be that much, even with supporting mods. Thanks for all the info. I was thinking roughly 8k for SOHO kit or around 6k for used Stillen SC + A2A kit and then supporting mods, trans mods = $10k or so... 20k is too much for me, I won't be owning this too much longer. GTR's are getting cheaper by the month. I'll just stick it out. Maybe just do some more interior mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Best suggestion: Call Kevin at Fast Intentions and talk to him, then maybe call Sasha at Boosted Performance and have the same conversation. I called Kevin and decided that when I go boosted, I'm taking the car to FI for the install, not because I can't do the work, but I'd rather the experts do it. That way it gets done correctly, and I can enjoy it on the drive home.
I planned on installing at a local speed shop with the help of some pros. I am a 100% diy'er. Thanks for the contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
pretty much Level 10 transmissions make the only upgraded 7AT setup that can hold 1000hp

https://www.levelten.com/370Z_TRANSM...0g1800-re7.htm
5k just for that, it's the only option? With me being at 550-600 is this required? I want to be safe and she gets the best. But I wasn't thinking most people who go a mild 550-600 on a Stillen + A2A kit "had" to run this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweZ74 View Post
I priced mine out a while ago with the 7AT upgrades, supporting mods, etc and it was going to be around $20k, not to mention the shipping costs to get my car to FI from Chicago.... I’m also mildly concerned about reliability and considering this is my daily, I decided not to pull the trigger. I think you’re better of getting the GTR and doing downpipes, intakes, injectors, along with a cob tuning kit to get around 600 hp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's the average price everyone on here is saying, I planned for supporting mods about 8k for turbo or SC kit and some other misc items and got around 10k, def not 20k but that's why I got on here. Think I'll go GTR next year then. Not willing to drop 20k into a 370z that is already 7 years old. When I have have a 5-7 year old dream car of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You ever price insurance for a GT-R? It's is one of the highest to insure, plus the so called GT-R tax on mods. Just ask FPenvy.
See comment above to @Spooler , I have a clean record, 25, military discount, multi policy discount, I'm at just below $200 now with the Z and I was quoted for 2012-2014 to be right at $300 monthly. I didn't think that was bad. But I do agree aftermarket mods are crazy priced (exhaust, intakes, bov, tuners, etc) but I'd go lightly modded. I just want a simple bolt on, reliable power GTR, lowered, Advan wheels and some meaty tires and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweZ74 View Post
Good point on insurance. I guess for mods it depends on how far you go. Cob access/tuner, injectors, down pipe, intakes would be a lot cheaper than 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree 100% ...

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 04-15-2019 at 07:39 PM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote