View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road
Default Insight Needed From Boosted Owners/Builders - Need Advice

So I've owned the Z for nearly 2 years now. I've pretty much done every bolt on + tuned. It's mainly for looks as it's low, got wide wheels, I am looking at switching it up. Light wheels, raise car back up to 100% functional, meaty tires, etc.
My main dilemma is I just accepted a new IT position at work, bought a house. Fortunate enough to not have kids or a wife. Only a girlfriend who mostly supports my car addiction.

I am in the market for a used GTR (around 55-65k), but obviously my financial mindset (I am fortunate to have at a young age) tells me just boost the Z and enjoy it for a bit longer until I'm 100% comfortable affording the GTR, as I am with the Z.

Which brings me to my questions for the Boosted owners/builders/shops etc.

Realistically, what #'s should I expect with a single turbo or A2A SC kit? With looking at GTR's I'd like to be around 550-600whp.
The weak link would be the 7A trans I'm assuming from research, which leads me to my next question,

What's all needed to rebuild the 7A trans to handle 550-600? And costs associated? Any companies offer rebuild kits, solenoids, etc to beef it up?

I've looked at a few SC/Turbo kits,
Stillen with SOHO A2A upgrade w/ 9lb pulley upgrade (580whp/427tq)
SOHO Stage 1 (540whp/465TQ) for $7899 or
SOHO Stage 2 kit for $8999 with 570whp/498TQ

I'm looking to stay under 10k, The best bang for the buck would prob be a lightly used Stillen, + $1999 for A2A kit and then whatever parts needed for 7A to withstand around 550-600whp/420-500tq.

I want some first hand experience (before pulling the trigger) by builders or owners on costs associated with, how much power to realistically expect, etc. Any info is much appreciated.