View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
All stock 7AT in a boosted car without even a trans cooler?

Curious as I've been contemplating selling my Z for a boosted unit but not finding any with the required 7AT mods to go with the upped power.

If you're rebuilding make sure to go with a better flex plate and torque converter as well.
I already have trans cooler and billet flex plate.

Like I was saying, the damage may have been done when it was overboosting on the dyno when it had an incorrect EBC install from that workshop. 14psi may have been too much for 5 pulls. If it stayed at a respectable < 10 psi or so the trans may never exhibit any damage for some time more.

Nonetheless, I drove the car over the weekend for long drives and tested out almost all the gears at various loads and it seemed to be working flawlessly so I may sit on it for a while.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote