View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
I think that mentioning Corvette and Ferrari in the same breath is ridiculous. A vette is a vette. And it”s a great car. The new one likely will be as well (although a lot of FR vette owners are going to buy one and kill it because then haven’t a clue about MR driving dynamics), but it is no Ferrari. It’s not a 911 either. It’s better than a Cayman, at Cayman prices and Chevy cost of ownership. Which is no small feat, and 50 years in the making. Only people who have never driven a Ferrari would make that comparison.

It will also have a mid-range interior, and start to fall apart like every other Chev does, at 50,000 miles. First the visor mirror cover will snap off. Then the seat motors and window regulator will die. Oh, and because it is a GM, it will lose a wheel bearing every 40K because that’s what you do when you are a GM. BTW, not saying that a Ferrari would fare any better in this respect - it likely wouldn’t although few ever see that kind of mileage.
The Corvette can absolutely compete with the Ferrari.
I had a Ferrari F30 that I had for a year.I always wanted one.
Great looking car. Beautiful interior finish.Great handling.Good performance and that Italian exhaust note.
Maintenance costs for car was staggering.I was able to do some things like oil changes.Ferrari does not share info.A lot of car is set up to be dealer serviced only.
This car had 17,000 miles when I bought it.It had just had the clutches replaced and oil changed at a cost of $12,000.Lets not even talk about the 30,000 mile service these cars get.
Dealers are arrogant and hard to work with.I sold car to guy who was buying his first also.Good luck to him.

The Corvette Zr1 costs less than half of the Ferrari.Costs so much less to maintain.Corvette can go toe to toe with performance and handling of newer Ferrari..Corvette does not have as nice of an interior as Ferrari.
You are saving so much money with the Vette you can put a custom interior in car.
Im not a big Corvette guy but hands down Corvette competes with many Supercars at a price that is more attainable.
Glad to finaly see the Mid engine Vette that I thought I would see in the 70's.

Last edited by Baronsmokes; 04-14-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: add
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote