View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default eZ Navi Delete Project

I have been working on a way to delete the factory Navi in my ‘09 370Z while still retaining AC control that did not involve replacing the CAN based AC Amp, modifying existing wiring harnesses, or running new wires to the ECU and fuze box. My proof of concept is shown here. It is a plug-n-play solution to custom navi delete installations using the existing wiring harness. Just last week, the prototype went out for fabrication. I hope to start initial testing early next month. The cartoon below illustrates the current capabilities.

The above attempts to show the full capability of the interface, not a specific use case. Typically, only a subset of the functionality would be utilized in a custom Navi Delete installation depending on the type of installation being done, but any or all combinations could be used (with the exception of multiple AC controllers). There is a port for the base model dial AC control module, steering wheel control signals, user out, a Bluetooth module, and two connectors to interface with the wire harness via the connectors that went to the stock HU and control panel.
  • Dial Control Connector- Base model AC control module interface
  • Steering Wheel Control Connector- Steering wheel control signals from resistive switch network
  • User Out Connector - Breaks out potentially useful signals from the wiring harness to be used in custom stereo installs and custom expandability
  • Bluetooth - Wireless data interface with apps running on custom HU or Tablet installs

Installations using the base model AC dial controls can be implemented by purchasing a used (or new if you hate money…) dial control module (~$45 on eBay) and making the wiring adapter that connects the dial control module to the interface board (~$5 in parts).

Installations using app based AC control can be implemented using the Cardroid app developed by Fred as seen in this video and the project can be found here. Fred is currently working on a new version of his app that allows for customized control and status layouts and sounds like the perfect solution to these types of custom builds. We have been in contact and are maintaining commonality in our projects so that his app will be compatible with this hardware.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote