View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 03:06 AM   #69 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
That's a huge huge difference compared to Nissan who has done nothing to the Z in 10 years except add driving lights to the base and Sport models, and change the looks of the Nismo. Nissan did NOTHING to attempt to improve the performance of the Z.

BMW did something within 2 years to help improve the performance. BMW didn't just slap on some ugly useless stickers and call it an upgrade.
ChopsZ, You’re correct, it’s a big difference. Typically, BMW updates chassis, engine and styling on models every 7 years, much better than Nissan. However this 2 year engine update was out of pure necessity. The engine on my 17 M2 could not pass the new European emissions requirement for 2019, thus the installation of the more powerful, slightly detuned engine from the M3/M4.

I personally think this is great, yet there are quite a few on the BMW Forum who don’t share the same opinion as I. Thus the point of my post, some car forum people will bash change whether it’s good or bad and whether it happens or not. Often times this bashing is justified, yet other times it can just get old and be totally uncalled for.

When I read the honest, tough and positive post from boby370z. I knew it would draw some flack, but I appreciated it and wanted him to know it.