Thread: high mileage z?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute

It's like playing Russian roulette. I had a 350Z with 109,000 Miles when I bought it and it ran strong until Nissan of DTLA did a oil change and it started running funny and died. The VQ is bullet-proof, just run down the maintenance checklist and if you see any red flags with that particular car, stay away. Also, keep in mind that the 370Z runs pretty hot and it does have a CSC issue. So I would be extra cautious with any one of them that is over 20k miles. If there was no oil cooler and that car was driven in a hot climate, you will see extensive wear in that engine especially at that mileage. This is with all 370Z's from 2009 to brand spanking new since Nissan doesn't want to address the problem. Oil cooler and the CSC replacement with a heavy duty or relocation are two musts if you plan on keeping a 370Z for a while.

Last edited by SPDKING; 04-09-2019 at 11:05 AM.
SPDKING is offline   Reply With Quote