View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
James10694
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
James10694 is on a distinguished road
Default 5th gear popping out of place

I did some searches for transmission gear issues on the forum, but I couldn't find anything for my particular issue. I'm only making this thread because I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue. I drive a 2010 370z nismo with the BP turbo kit.

I just swapped over to the OS giken triple plate clutch. The first thing I noticed was the transmission wouldn't hold 5th gear on deceleration. If I'm on the gas it will stay in place. But as soon as I take the pressure off the gas pedal the shifter will slowly come back to neutral by itself. I've never had any grinding issues with this gear or other gears. This is also the only gear that will pop out. I'm assuming the synchro is going bad but others that have had bad synchros all have grinding issues.

I just had my shop install the new clutch drain/refill the trans fluid. Prior to this I had a single disk with the HD CSC from Joe at Z speed and the Z1 poly trans/motor mounts. I've had 0 transmission issues with that setup.

Anyone else here have issues with the shifter popping out of gear? I'm assuming my 5th gear will start to grind eventually since its having problems staying in place. I was sitting at 620whp before I installed the new clutch. I havent boosted on the OS giken clutch yet because the car needs a retune for the new engine that was also put in at the same time.