View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsmokes View Post
Tesla has done a poor job of meeting promised deadlines.I think Musk makes deadlines that are not realistic.I would not be surprised to see my car late 2021 or early 2022.

Tesla has a lot of irons in the fire.New crossover.Semi truck production.They are also working on pick up truck.Model S needs a refresh.

Cars can have issues with fit and finish because they are rushing to get them out the door.The model 3 is more complicated to build than it should be.

Tough time to be in car business.Detroit car makers are dumping sedans because they do not sell.People want trucks and SUVs.

Tesla is top heavy with sedans.

The Porsche Taycam would compete against the model S.No competition for the Roadster.Taycam looks nicer to me than S.
Specs on Porsche are nothing special.300 mile range.0-60 3.5 seconds. Model S is faster and has longer range.

What they do make a big deal out of is fast chargeing.They use a 350 volt system to charge.This is great for home but network needs to be built for Porsche.This is faster than Tesla.Both cars will charge to 80% in 30 minutes.
Fast charging wears out batteries faster.

I have never seen an auto maker do so much in such a short time as Tesla.The company will be 15 in July.Most start up car companies fail long before that.

Will get tougher for Tesla as other big money companies get in the game.

Tesla has the advantage in battery technology.They can pack more power into lighter batteries.

Who knows what electric sports car we will see in future.Compition is a good thing.

Maybee we will see a merger?
Tesla would have failed many times over if Musk didn't rob peter to pay paul, with the rest of his ventures. The 4th quarter of 2018 was literally the first time in those 15 years that Tesla posted profits in two quarters, back to back (it only posted a profit for ONE OTHER QUARTER since 2015..., as of Dec 2018). That year their over-all loss was $1B.

I personally hate Tesla and the hype around them, but you, OP, have worked hard, and I respect that and truly hope you get what you want, how you want.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 04-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote