Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
PSS are still available not sure what their production life left is with the new PS4S being their new standard.

I just got some sport cup 2’s in 285/325 for the gtr. Those will be going on soon hoping I like them. Next step would be R888R if the cup 2 don’t do it for me.
I had R888R on the 4C track wheels for a season. Depends on what you do with them. “Interesting” in the damp. Downright scary in wet conditions. Also had a fairly narrow temperature window where I believe that they could have actually stuck to a wall. They are hopeless when cold - couple of miles of aggressive driving would solve that, though. Sadly, they were prone to overheating - if that happens on a light car like mine, I think you’ll need to be careful with something as heavy as a GT-R.

I changed to RE71-R the following season, and for the price thougt they were a better answer. Useful almost from the first lap and much better in damp. Still a bit of overheating but not as much. Tire life about the same (600Km on these, and I might get one more track day out of them since I turned them on the wheels last fall). Would love to try the Cup 2’s, but they are quite expensive for my fitment, in my neck of the woods. Might give them a go next, though. Or maybe Trofeo R.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote