View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #350 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahawkster View Post
So I have just a couple more questions please. I am really thinking about picking this up but I am just very unfamiliar with superchargers sorry.

What PSI pulley does this kit come with? I am assuming 10 but not sure and will anybody be able to tell me whats the highest amount of boost you've ran on pump gas safely?

If you where running say a 14psi pulley are you able to hook up an electric boost controller to run less boost if you wanted to for daily driving?

What would be the smallest/high boost pulley this kit would be able to run efficiently?

Reasons I ask these questions is because I would like to run lower boost on 91 octane but be able to up the boost from in the car and run as much as I can with
water/methanol injection and tuning of course safely...
The kit comes with the 9lb pulley on the serpentine side which should give you around 10 psi.
I was able to run close to 13 psi on 91 octane before I started getting knock.
I controlled boost using a 38mm wastegate and ebc. I was running e85 and 91 octane. I set the boost controller to open the wastegate at 12 psi when on my 91 tune snd stay closed on e85 tune. Or, if I turned the boost controller off, the wategate would open at spring pressure of 10 psi for daily driving on either 91 or e85.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote