View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsmokes View Post
I have posted this somewhat all over the forum and thought I would start a thread.Some of this will be repetition.Want to respect our 370Z forum.I have owned a lot of cars and this is the best forum I have been on.

First off.I love my 370Z twin turbo roadster.The epitome of a classic sports car.

Tesla cars have intrigued me since I drove a Model S P 100 D.Unreal performance.

I like roadsters and Tesla was just not building the car I wanted with performance,styling and price.Tesla started the company with a Roadster.

Went back and forth on this because we have seen prototype but not production car and price is high.

At my age I do not have time to wait for all the electric sports cars we will see introduced in the coming years.

I put 50K down on the base 200k model.The Founders version will be out first at 250k.Prices before options but I do not want a self driving car option.That defeats the whole purpose of buying a sports car.

I have listed this on another post but will list the specs again.

0-60 mph 1.9 seconds.
0-100 mph 4.2 seconds
Quarter 8.8 seconds
Top end above 250 mph
All Wheel Drive
620 mile range on full charge.
7,376 Foot Pounds of Torque
Tesla says the production car will have better specs than this.

When do I get the car?Elon is not that great at meeting deadlines.So I will see.

My insurance agent will be happy.

I will post the good,bad and ugly of this adventure.
I posted update in off topic but thought I would put something here.
Have been e mailing Tesla since January but they are tight lipped.
Founder model which costs more will be out first.This car will have the space X rocket thruster option (As if the car needs to go faster).I ordered the base model which will come next.I hope to get car late 2020.From what I hear;car will surpass specs that are listed.Insurance is going to be high thats if they will insure Roadster.

Last edited by Baronsmokes; 04-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote