View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I drove my Z 6 months b4 I modded it...
It drove better than all the muscle cars of last generation. Better than the Audi TT and BMW Z4. It was only overshadowed by the Porsche Cayman. At the time I hadn't driven a 911. Modding it only made it better. Maybe you had a defective car? I don't know...

But I'm still perplexed you're comparing a Mazda to a Z.. It's just so friggin apples to oranges it's ridiculous. Put 332 hp in your cx5 n see how uncontrolled and lacking poise it has. It's easy to feel sorted with 180hp. It's n I t hard to get great handling in a 4 banger. I've driven Kia Rio's with great performance vigor on mountain roads? Does that make it in the same class as a Z? Smh...

You're pretty delusional right now my man. I mean really... I'm glad you're enjoying life and enjoying your batcave lifestyle. And being the former owner of an FD RX7 I know Mazda is amazing with handling. I'm sure your CUV feels great for what it is... But it's nowhere near the same as a Z. The powertrain pushes the wrong end. You're not gonna take curvy roads in the triple digits comfortably. It's not that type of vehicle... And you're not gonna convince anyone that a cx5 is comparable to a Z.
Hrmm...my CX5 has 250hp/310tq and is AWD. Where did you get your specs from?

The only way I'll own a vehicle anymore is if it's "pushed" from both ends. AWD is superior, IMO, especially in inclement weather, etc.

That said, it's more composed and better sorted than the 370Z ever dreamed of being (mine, anyways, 2012 Sport/Touring). That does not mean it was objectively faster, just that it was much better executed, and doesn't skitter and dance and break loose and bounce around like a pogo-stick when you encounter irregularities like the Z does. A vehicle doesn't have to turn better lap times, etc. to be better sorted. The Z is definitely faster, its suspension is just woefully underdamped compared to every other vehicle I've owned, including my CX5. I can upset a 370Z without even applying the gas beyond maintaining speed. Just give it a dip or irregularity and watch it step sideways/lose traction. My Dad hated going out to supper with me if we took the Z because it did it on overpasses just cruising at the speed limit. Unnerving.

As to the triple digits and curvy roads...well, depends on the road and all that, pretty subjective, your statement there.

My advice is go to a dealer and drive a CX5 GTR/Sg model. It won't surprise you with the speed with only 250bhp but the suspension might make you take notice, and 310# of torque at 2000rpm sure is nice.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 04-05-2019 at 09:35 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote