Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Nixin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Goodbye Z!
Nixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep43 View Post
Hey Bobby,

Check out below website, the Indy 500 only $440.00 / pair rears.

www.quattrotires.com

I purchased Pilot Super Sports and at 17k my rears are at the wear bars and I'm presently pursuing a warranty claim with Michelin, having the tires assessed as soon as its back on the road.

Depending on the outcome of my warranty claim with Michelin I'm possibly needing new tires also, please let me know of any advice you get here as I'm also considering the Indy 500.

Thanks, Dave

I may start my own thread.

High performance tires trade wear for performance, so 15-20k on a set of Michelin PSS tires is about the correct replacement time. Also, one must factor the type of driving one does. Drive hard and tires such as the PSS tend to melt like ice cream on a hot summer day.

The one thing to remember when looking for new tires is that the tires are the only thing on your vehicle that touch the road. It’s better to spend a bit more on a good set of tires than to cheap out and regret it later.
Nixin is offline   Reply With Quote