View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
My thing with the 370z was taking corners... I fixed it's shortcomings with the koni shocks n swift spec R springs and the eibach sways set in the middle setting. That pretty muchbsorted out all its problems for about $2k. Stoptech used to sell a brake upgrade kit for the Z. Which improved my brake modulation coming in and out of a corner.
As far as steering. The Z in my opinion was TELEPATHIC. Not almost, not kinda. Very telepathic. The only car I've driven with better steering was the giulia and the Mercedes amg gts. Im even gonna go as far as to stay The Z steering feel is better than a 911.

Im in a camaro 2ss with MRC which is the grand sport corvette suspension. The 1LE widens the tires stiffened the springs and lowers the car by an inch, getting 1.2g vs the 1.1g I pull in my car.
The SS and stringray was designed to benchmark the 1LE and Z06 of last generation while the Z06 and 1LE surpass the performance of the MRC SS and stingray... The z06 and 1LE of last gen was already destroying most of what was out there for the 1st time in a while... And it's gotten better now. These cars are great. And obviously are going to eclipse a Z... But that said. A Z with those minimalistic mods I mentioned and with its short wheelbase and size? It's hard to beat as an overall drivers car feel!! I mean yeah. It needs an exhaust to give it life for your senses. But it's overall drive and steering feel is way above its weight class. And the New Nismos are really well sorted out. Nissan has made a more refined Z even though they haven't given updates you can see... They've added finesse to the handling. Maybe you guys just really weren't built for the Z or didn't understand the Z. I'll admit though. You have to mod the Z slightly to be optimum. But even stock it was well sorted. It feels so good you don't mind performing small mods for big gains in handling enhancement. The Z is a canvas to a true enthusiast.
Eh, my Z was far from telepathic or well sorted. Like my cx5 better in thebhandling dept, even if the narrow tires give obviouslwer limits, its better behaved and more intuitive. Im thinking your opinion comes from your mods, which sound rather likely to have fixed the issues I had with it.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote