View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #67 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default True what he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
You solder the metra harness to the harness of your new radio, you cut 3 wires in the factory radio and wire them to a steering wheel control module (grounding 1 of them) to have steering wheel controls with your new head unit. Solder is the best way to join the harnesses and make all connections solid.
Yes, soldering the Dash kit wiring to the HU wiring is the magic here. I know, restating the obvious. It just depends on Bose or No-Bose. My thoughts are, if No-Bose. Do not solder the amp trigger wires together. Someone else can confirm or deny this for me. The Steering wheel controls are optional, kind of. But useful to have.

The only reason I say this is, it'll mean wire cutting in the dash to make the steering controls function. it's a tight space and the wires are tiny. I wanted to maintain the ability to re-install the factory Crap HU if needed. A personal preference.

Take it with a grain of salt.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote