View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 12:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Sway
Track Member

Drives: 2018 GTR
Sway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Father came into town for my Bday (March 22nd) and he’s an awesome mechanic. Insane. He owns “Sully’s Speed Shop” in Creede Colorado. Anyway he has a crazy fancy code reader and diagnostics tablet and he pulled every code my car has, and has had. Found at one point it had a misfire on cyl 2.
Anyway we did all the matainence in the car, and addressed everything the car had, even the small things. Ordered clips to replace every missing clip and bolt on the car, checked the exhaust for leaks and everything. Reinstalled the now heat wrapped intakes, changed the oil, emptied the catch can, washed and detailed her inside and out, including under the hood. Found a better way to stabilize the Gen 3 intakes as well.

Man does she run smooth now! And my tpms sensors work again! Just having some traction problems...

Soooooooo I put on SPC front and rear camber arms, SPC toe bolts, and installed KWv3 coilovers!

Took it to the alignment shop, and I’m running 0 degrees in the front, and just under -1.5 degrees in the rear. I’m about to clay bar, paint correct and attempt to ceramic my car soon, so I’ll post pics of the stance after that.

KWv3 Coilover review:
I love the way my car feels now. I’ve forgotten how much I loved KWs. (I had them on my G37s) car feels more solid, more connected with the road, more predictable and precise. And I definitely have more traction. It has enough adjustability to get my car the way I want, but not so much I’m confused and don’t know what I’m doing. And it gave my car the perfect drop. Just less than 2 finger width gap on all 4 corners. I love love Love it!

Last edited by Sway; 04-20-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote