View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:10 AM   #76 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiZO View Post
Can you please explain why this is significant?

In calculating their peak diaphragm displacement volume (if I'm getting this right), the TM65 III is at 1258. I've been really happy with my 165's with a noticably lower 390. I just don't know what that means in application.

Is it basically having to move 3x less to hit the same frequencies? More efficient, meaning more volume out of the same power?
Well, I'm not a math whiz, but I after not having my car for 3 weeks then getting back in, I'm thinking there has to be room for improvement from the Hertz. I've had them for a year, but I just think there's additional room for improvement, however I cannot quantify the differences, but did notice the wild difference in xmax between the two brands which leads me to believe that the TM's must put out more bass / play louder.

I'll let Ron / others chime in on the technical part.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote