View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #161 (permalink)
flyfish
Base Member

Drives: '16 Sport 6m
flyfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Well, when I first lifted the Z, on the first set of stops, I let the safety arms go over them, made sure that the release cams were in the up position so that it doesnt cause the bar to go over the stop. As I was lowering the QJ to engage the safety stops, one side popped over the safety stop, it literally popped, scared the crap out of me. Tried again, same thing. So as of now, if I need to use it on the lower setting, I just lower it so that the bars just touch the safety stops.

When its in the high position, its fine. But it still kinda makes me iffy, hence the jackstand backup. I had a friend in HS who was crushed working on his van a few weeks after graduating.
Quote:
Dude F that noise, you need to contact the manufacturer. I put jackstands underneath as well, but I only have two SUV-sized ones so those go on the end that I'm working under.
Agreed, you need to contact QJ for a solution, this is unacceptable. I do not have this problem, nor should you or anyone with this jack.

Which model do you have, I have the 7000SLX

2016 Sport 6sp Deep Blue Pearl || AAM intake || FI TDX non-res CF + HF-Cats || TEIN MonoSport w/EFDC-II || Hotchkis sways || Z1 34 row oil + ps cooler + diff cover + oil pan spacer || TWM Short Shifter || SPL everything || MA-MS diff cooler || Stillen brake duct || ++
flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote