View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, Here's my contribution. Thought some readers might be interested in this too.

Here is my experience with the Joying Android HU.

I did an install about a month or so ago of the Joying JY-UO135N4PX5S. It is Android 8.1.0 Oreo Double Din Head Unit with 4GB/64GB. I used the standard faceplate adapter kit off Amazon as well as the adapter cable that was in that kit. A bit of soldering and I was in business. I am using the factory Bose speakers, amp and Sub that came with the Nismo Bose audio setup. The only knock I have is the volume control at first use. The boosted unit output will rock you too hard if you are not careful. I have since learned to live with the issue. I can run Agama Car Launcher to lower the unit overall audio output if I need to. It has an additional volume control that can be enabled as part of the launcher app.

I have also since wired in the rear facing back-up camera to work with the reverse lamp wiring in the back of the car. I am happy with the results so far. For a minor outlay of cash you can swap out the crap Nissan HU and install something much more functional. I am not sure why this isn't a factory option on more cars these days.

Good luck with your install.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote