View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #160 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Well, when I first lifted the Z, on the first set of stops, I let the safety arms go over them, made sure that the release cams were in the up position so that it doesnt cause the bar to go over the stop. As I was lowering the QJ to engage the safety stops, one side popped over the safety stop, it literally popped, scared the crap out of me. Tried again, same thing. So as of now, if I need to use it on the lower setting, I just lower it so that the bars just touch the safety stops.

When its in the high position, its fine. But it still kinda makes me iffy, hence the jackstand backup. I had a friend in HS who was crushed working on his van a few weeks after graduating.
Dude F that noise, you need to contract the manufacturer. I put jackstands underneath as well, but I only have two SUV-sized ones so those go on the end that I'm working under.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk