View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 08:17 AM   #45 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Not sure I bought the Hayden unit Z1 sells on their site for $79 on ebay for $29 shipped. Says for vehicles 10k GVWR and under.

I believe the Z's have a trans cooler built into the radiator but it probably doesn't keep the fluid cool enough during spirited driving.
There is a trans cooler inside the radiator, and barely holds up to daily driving. That's why the recommendation to put an external cooler on (heat is the killer for ALL A/Ts, not just ours). I've had best luck with A/Ts when changing fluid & filter at 10k or annually, depending on how it's driven. Yeah, it's a pain in the tuckus, especially on the ones with no drain plug.

in short:
1) external trans cooler
2) regular fluid changes with a quality fluid
3) don't buy the dealer BS about 'sealed' transmissions... they don't exist.