View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #757 (permalink)
Buddy Revell
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37
Buddy Revell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
personally i don't even understand that as the stock plenum is mostly open on the inside with the runners crossing each other like if you put your hands together and intertwine your fingers.

pretty much for the pressure. I could see it affecting an NA application if the tubes were off by a lot as the air would have to flow across from the other throttlebody but for F/I the air tank would be pressurized anyway. So long as there wasn't a huge difference between the tubes it should work itself out so the GTM kit is most likely in the clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
By just looking at a dyno graph for a stock engine and how flat the curve looks gives us a good idea of how good the stock manifold is.

Intake manafold tuning is lot more critical in n/a tuning not in forced induction applications.It is the total opposite because you have to relay on the manifold design. So by adding boost to the engine all the air gets evened out in the stock manifold, not to mention the VVEL that makes things even better.

One more thing, if we were trying to make a 1000WHP @40 psi then I would say then yes redesigning the manifold is a must but for what any company with a supercharger kit is trying to accomplish the stock manifold is more then fine .

Just go to our web site GTM Motorsports*::*Customer Vehicles and you will see a lot of VQ37VHR engine running boost with the stock manifold .

Sam
Thanks for the explanation, guys. Looking forward to more info soon.